This policy explains how we use any personal information that you provide to us when booking or enquiring about our holiday cottage, stabling horses at our livery, buying our pork and beef or making any general enquires through our website.
Personal information that we collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you provide to us
You may provide us with information in several ways, including by filling in forms on our website, by corresponding with us in writing, by phone and email.
The personal information that you provide may include your name, title, address, phone number, email address and other information about you to enable us to provide you with our services.
Information we collect about you
For holiday cottage bookings, we may receive some of the above information from third party providers that you book with, who advertise our cottage (e.g. Trip Advisor or HomeAway). In such cases, these companies must also inform you about their use of your data.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Provide our services to you and fulfil your requests;
- Communicate with you, including for example, responding to emails and information requests;
- Complete any transactions that you do with us.
Legal basis for processing
Our legal basis for processing the information for the purposes described above will typically be one of the following:
- Consent: for certain types of processing (eg. responding to contact forms on our website), we rely on your consent to use your data. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Contract: much of the time, our use of your data will be because of the contract between us – that is in relation to your holiday cottage booking or livery provision. We will usually retain relevant data for up to six years from the date the contract completes.
- Legal obligations: we are under certain binding legal obligations, such as accounting for tax and making financial records available for audit. In such cases, we are typically obliged to retain data for up to seven years from the date of the transaction.
- Legitimate interests: we use data to manage our operations and to make business process improvements.
How we share your personal information
We will never sell or market your personal information.
We may however share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- If we sell any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of that business or those assets along with its professional advisers.
- We may disclose your information to obtain professional advice (for example lawyers or financial advisors).
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in response to a request from a law enforcement or other regulatory authority.
Storing your personal information
- We may store your data in certain cloud services provided by third parties. These third parties do not have access to your data.
- We do not store your data outside the European Economic Area.
Payment service providers
In order to ensure your transactions are as secure as possible we use either PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg or iZettle AB, reg.no. 556806-0734, Regeringsgatan 59, 111 56, Stockholm, Sweden for payment card processing.
Links to third party websites
Embedded content from other websites
You have the right to receive a copy of your personal information that we retain. You also have the right to request that we correct or remove your data, when there remains no legal basis for keeping it. You will need to contact us at the address below to exercise these rights.
We will handle your request in accordance with the law. This means there may be legal reasons why we cannot fulfil all requests.
We hope that we will be able to resolve any questions or concerns that you may have. However if you are unhappy with our use of your data, you also have the right to make a complaint to the UK Information Commissioner. You can contact the Information Commissioner at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Name & Contact Details of Organisation
Roger and Sally Dunkley trading as R&S Dunkley.
At Barr Farm, Town Street, Old Malton, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 7HD.
Our website address is http://www.thedoodales.co.uk